ATTENTION ALL GAUTENG RIDERS AND ACTIVE COACHES
High Performance and junior development selection camp
The High performance and junior development teams are recruiting new young talent. In the past we have worked closely with a select few riders to try and achieve our set out goals. The high performance commission has recently re-evaluated their position and set new goals for the coming years.
- Short term: Talent identification.Create a working relationship with individual athletes and their current coaches. Assist athletes with correct training schedules and introduce a schedule of training camps.
- Midterm: Continued talent identification. Implement testing procedures at said camps and create a database of rider’s results.
- Long term: Qualify into the Junior World Championships and compete for a podium position.
- Short term: Talent identification. Continued growth of our current squad.
- Midterm: Qualify 1 or more riders into the UCI BMX World championships. Transform athletes from Junior development into High performance riders.
- Long term: Create a quality squad of competitive riders who can compete on a international level.Semi finalist in the Elite category at the UCI BMX World championships.
A training camp and selection weekend will take place on the 21st and 22nd of July at Kempton BMX track. Riders should be at the track by 14:30 on Saturday, training starts at 15:00 All riders between the age of 13 and 17 are encouraged to attend the camp as well as any current active coaches. Coaches will assess riders in Speed, Strength, Stamina, Skill and Suppleness. The new junior development and high performance squads will be selected from these camps. Selected riders will be placed on a LTAD plan, receive professional periodized training plans and attend specialised training camps. Riders who are selected will need to continue growth and show dedication and commitment to their individual goals. Those riders who excel and show ability to achieve our goals may be included in international camps and events in the future. I trust these camps will be well attended as selection in these squads can jump start your BMX career. A Durban camp will be scheduled shortly for those living on the coast.
A training camp will be held in August for the riders aged 12 & under, where I will assist the active coaches with advice and correct training programs.
High Performance BMX coach